Saturday, February 6, 2010

A House Divided Over "On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness"

I regret to keep you waiting, friend, for my review of Andrew Peterson's On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness.Our house is quite divided over this book. One of us dearly loves the book and another of us would rather have used that money to buy the world's smelliest cheese...and that's saying something because the later despises even the mildest cheddar. My husband and I enjoy reading books together, usually. It's safe to say that the mood here is tense, which has delayed my finishing the book. As you very well may guess, the disappointed reader is me. However, because the author happens to be my husband's absolute favorite singer/songwriter, turned children's book author, he has vetoed my attempts to abandon the book. A promise was made to not advise you to steer clear of this work until I read it in it's entirety. (shh. Friend, don't tell my husband, but no matter how this book ends, it won't be getting a great grade from me. I mean, he'll find out soon enough...but I did promise to withhold my final judgement until this torture is over. Oops! Did I say that out loud?) Full review and specifics behind our drastically different opinions will soon follow. It's almost like we've been reading different stories. This is going to be interesting, friend. You'll want to stay tuned, so to speak!

Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment